- VIP Gig reviews for Magners Cider.
- Sketches accepted for the BBC’s Newsjack.
- Winner of a BBC ‘Rapid Response’ scriptwriting competition.
- Solicitation of a half-hour script by BBC Writersroom.
- Solicitation of a half-hour script by Jellylegs TV production company.
- Review in The Guardian of ‘Kid A’ as part of an article discussing the greatest Radiohead album.
- Composed for/conducted choirs, orchestras, jazz ensembles, string quartets and bands.
- Sold music for commercial use on Fonts.com.
- Consulted on media projects for Seren Partners Ltd. and Edelman UK.
- Solo music production aired on BBC 6Music, BBC Three Counties and Vibe 107.6FM.
- Solicitation of a half-hour radio script by John Stanley Productions.
- Provided the soundtrack for Donkey, a short film by Channel 4 director Ollie Wiggins.
- Created incidental music for ‘Active 8‘, with Kelle Bryan (Eternal).
- Article published by The Watford Observer.
With Pariis Opera House:
- Music-sync placements on prime-time Channel 4, E4 & ITV (Emmerdale).
- Had a credited on-screen appearance on Hollyoaks.
- Remixed The Wanted‘s ‘Chasing The Sun’ for Island Records (released officially in Europe, 100k+ views on YouTube)
- Spec-remixed Local Natives‘ ‘Breakers’ for Infectious Records.
- Broadcast on BBC 6Music as part of Tom Robinson’s BBC Introducing Mixtape.
- Played by Lauren Laverne and Nemone on BBC 6Music.
- Included in the Sunday Times Style Magazine‘s ‘Going Up’ column.
- Music featured on Channel 4’s ‘Made In Chelsea – The Game’.
- Track placements on ‘The Rugby Club’ on Sky Sports 3.
- Rugby coverage sync on Sky Sports 1.
- Featured in promotional material for Jack Wills.
- Music placement on ‘Made In Chelsea NYC’.
- Tracks used on BT Sport.
- Track placement on Esquire TV’s ‘How I Rock It’.
- Music used on MTV‘s ‘Eye Candy’.
- Track placement on NBC‘s ‘The Night Shift’.
‘The Beardy Writer’ is not my real name, but rather a gimmick employed in the hope of increasing my memorability. I’m actually called Ross and I do various bits and bobs for media outlets around the UK.
See? Not as exciting as a drawing of a beard, is it?
Things* I have been known to do for money:
Proofreading & Text Editing, Articles, Essays, Reviews, Blogs, Scripts, Social Media & Copy, Press Releases, Graphic Design, Video Editing, Music Composition, Production, Audio Editing, etc.
You can Follow me on Twitter @TheBeardyWriter.
Get In Touch:
I’m a freelancer available to hire, so please get in touch here, or via Twitter!
All Text Copyright Ross Churchill 2013